Sunday, February 3, 2013

How to keep bugs off your Wedding Cake








We aren't the only ones who are drawn to the sweet aroma of a wedding cake. No one likes party crashers, especially the six legged variety that love outdoor wedding receptions.  An elegant solution to this problem is a tulle mosquito net which is made to hang above a bed. This one was purchased on-line but can sometimes be found in import stores. The tulle is attached to a ring at the top which makes it very easy to hang from a ceiling or tree branch. This one was hung in the gazebo of our front porch. The fabric was so long, it easily covered the entire round table and looked very bridal! When it came time to cut the cake, the tulle was pulled to the side and gathered with a pretty ribbon.

This is my first "official"  blog post. If any of it looks good, full credit goes to our daughter Linsey, queen of the Farmhouse Porch Blog. Anything that looks awkward or disheveled, ... that's me.  Linda   :)

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Elma! Wish I had gotten a better pic, but I think will be doing the same thing at a wedding the end of March. I'll make sure I capture it then. Thanks for following me, you are one of my first!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blog world. Before you know it you'll catch on to everything and everyone is pretty helpful.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following me, my next challenge is learning how to follow people back. I'll try to do this and if I have trouble, I'll call Linsey to talk me through it. I am excited to be doing this. I would always feel left out when Linz would talk about all her great blog friends. Thanks for your patience, Linda

      Delete
  3. Hi Linda! I'm really excited to see what you'll be sharing here! I'm following now :)

    Jeanette @ Creating A Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jeanette! I'm still on training wheels with the blogging thing, but I am really excited about being in the blogging world. I've got some weddings coming up, plus some ideas to share. I will start following you this weekend, that's my next tutorial from daughter Linsey. I know lots of wedding design, just not much about "blogging technology" :D Thanks for being one of the first three comments I've ever gotten!!!

      Delete
    2. I'm fairly new to blogging too, Linda. You'll get the hang of things in no time!
      Have a great weekend :)

      Jeanette

      Delete